Saturday, August 8, 2009

First post..........the post that hurts the most!

Any of you who are familiar with The Mighty Boosh will recognise the title. Although I am not sending my "new moves" through the post - it is still apt.

I have been procrastinating about whether or not to start a blog - and then wondering how I want it to look, for over six months now. Finally I've decided it's time. I get so much pleasure and inspiration from other blogs I decided it's time to give something back. I hope that you will get some inspiration from my stuff at some point in time.

I won't promise to be a regular - daily - blogger, but if I can show you something once a week - that will do.

So where to start? I have so many projects on the go it would take forever to show you. So I will start with a project I began last night. A granny square blanket. It has been forever since I crocheted but I am really enjoying it. There is a lot of wonderful crochet around right now. My inspiration is Lucy at Attic 24. You can find her fabulous blog here.

So without further ado.........






I am not the best photographer - and the colours here aren't true. The blue edge is actually a dark teal. I'll need to work on that. I'm using Heirloom 8 ply easycare which is very easy to work with and quite inexpensive. It is a little stiff and I've already rubbed a whole on my finger. I'm adding some more colours today so I will show you the whole colour palette next week.

That's it for today - hope you like!

Deb

1 comment:

Nat Palaskas said...

Hi Deb, I just read through your blog and want to leave comment on your first post. Welcome to blogland. Sorry I am a bit late to welcoming you. You haven't been here that long, so hope you would stay for awhile - hugs Natima

A Ball of Pink Fluff

My New Year's Eve cast on used this gorgeous yarn from la Bien Aimee. The yarn is Merino Singles and Mohair Silk, both in the co...