Sunday, January 31, 2016

I've got a hot date............

with the lovely Helen, who will work her machine quilting magic on my latest quilt.

The quilt (which I have been calling Jennie Cleland), should have been finished ages ago, but I got distracted by the Sue Spargo BOM, and well, time just slipped away.

The impending Threadbear's Applique Quilt Show gave me the kick start I needed so with the two long borders (including 320 berries) to go, I knuckled down over my summer break to see if I could make it.  Not quite there (48 berries to go) but should get it to Helen a week early ....wooohooooo!!


In the meantime, I have prepared the backing (photo below) - binding and hanging sleeve can be done when the quilt is being quilted.

So fingers crossed!

I do love a dramatic backing and I think this one fits the brief.


Can't wait to get it all together.

Hope to see you at the show!

Deb



10 comments:

Taryn said...

It looks gorgeous! I'd love to know what technique you use for making those little berries.

Lori said...

Amazing!!

Karen said...

Your bird piece is beautiful and so well done. I like the fabrics you have chosen very much.

wish2stitch said...

This is going to look gorgeous. So exciting to be almost finished.

Margaret said...

Your work is amazing! I hope you make it. This quilt is going to be a masterpiece!

Flickenstichlerin said...

Gorgeous applique stitching. Amazing how percise your work.
Greetings,

Sylvia

Fabric Carolina said...

Shop discount fabrics from your favorite designer fabric brands. Find thousands of fabrics for home decorating, upholstery and apparel sewing projects in fabriccarolina.com

duralee fabrics

myfabricconnection said...

Designer fabric at discount prices. Choose from home decor, fashion, upholstery and drapery fabric for your projects at My Fabric Connection
sunbrella fabric

Lola said...

Hi Deb, what is the name of the original quilt designer?
thanks,
Lola

Lis said...

I was cured of HIV with the use of natural herbs that I ordered through Dr Itua Herb store https://drituaherbalcenter.com/shop/. I love Traditional Medicine so much. Most times, injection and drugs are just a waste of time and money. I was cured 3weeks ago, i suffered from HIV for 5yrs but with the help of Dr. Itua herbal medicine, I was cured within three weeks of drinking the herbs he sent to me through courier delivery service. This same man also cured my Aunt from herpes, as soon as I heard she had herpes, I referred her to the doctor and she was cured after drinking his herbs.I have referred more than 18 persons and they were all cured from their various illnesses. Have you taken herbs before?. You have spent so much money on drugs,injections,surgeries etc and yet you have no good result to show for it. This man is a herbal doctor, I assure you of cure if you drink his natural herbs. He has herbs that cures Hiv, Herpes, diabetics, asthma, hepatitis, etc. Contact Dr. Itua on email: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com.

A Ball of Pink Fluff

My New Year's Eve cast on used this gorgeous yarn from la Bien Aimee. The yarn is Merino Singles and Mohair Silk, both in the co...