Sunday, September 23, 2012

Indulgence

Don't we all need to indulge ourselves sometimes?    After the Sue Spargo workshop, I decided I definitely needed to indulge myself.......... just a little!  So I headed off from work one lunch time to a little store downtown, called  l'uccello and came back with this

Yes a box of a dozen gorgeous Valdani Perle 8's  with a splash of French General......doesn't get much better than that. Well, actually,  an equally colourful box of macarons wouldn't have been a hardship, let's be honest.

I shall be using them on my leaf sampler piece - I have discovered that I quite like embellishing. It can really transform a piece.  Speaking of embellishing, I thought I would show a couple of details of the last Imperial Blooms block I finished.


Such pretty pieces.  I have also started on Block 7 (there are only 9 so not too much further to go)



I also finished the next lollipop trees block.  It is such a pleasure to work on these beautifully colourful projects.  Total indulgence.



And since I have been so good for so long, trying to finish things (a bit like being on a quilting diet) I have started a new project, actually two new projects.  Will show you soon.

In the meantime, what's your indulgence?

Enjoy,

Deb






6 comments:

Lizzie said...

my indulgence is definitely embellishing threads after being in Sue's workshop, Valdani 12ply silk thread on order now...sigh, I'll never be rich will I? :o)
Lizzie
xxx

Jessica said...

Love your new Perle! And the Lollipop Tree is gorgeous!

Taryn said...

What a great treat for yourself! How I wish we had a shop with those goodies near enough to slip away to during lunch. However, now that the weather has cooled, I did bring my applique so I can go out to the car and have a relaxing stitch during lunch. As much as I love colorful macaroons, I think the thread and French General fabric are a more delicious indulgence. I've been on my own quilting diet - just working on my hand piecing projects - an am feeling very saintly. Perhaps it's time to binge on something new here, too.

Anonymous said...

A nice little indulgence and what a gorgeous selection of fabrics. Do you happen to know what fabric the butterfly print is, please? I love it! The red 'words' fabric is lovely too!
Gail

Kathie said...

I am loving your sue spargo project. ah a great treat for yourself.
do you have a hard time now deciding on applique vs working on the wool projects time wise?
Kathie

Kızlık zarı said...

It have always enjoyed reading your articles...very thourough and inciteful. I'm just leaving the comment to appreciate your efforts in disseminating the knowledge. ...will keep following your posts as always.
Kızlık zarı