Monday, September 3, 2012

Post Sue Spargo

It seems like such a long time ago, but it was only a week! My SS sister Ann and I choofed off to Amitie to do a two day workshop with Sue Spargo. How exciting!  I have long been a fan of hers and was really looking forward to this break from my all too hectic schedule.  In fact, this was the first class I have taken since Di closed her shop so many years ago - can't remember bit I'm thinking five??  Anyway, it did not disappoint even though expectation was HIGH! 

Sue is a delightful person, as is her sister Wendy, and Jenny and her crew organised the workshop beautifully. I enjoyed every single minute, including spending some one on one time with my friend Ann.  Just perfect.  And the beautiful work that Sue and Wendy do, was breathtaking up close.  Photos just don't do it justice.  If you ever have the opportunity to do a workshop with her JUST DO IT! You won't regret it.

Having said that, I have yet to photo what I did.  But I have got Block 5 of Imperial Blooms finally finished (just needed that inspiration).


And for the traditionalists among us, the next Block for the Antique Wedding Sampler.

Back soon, take a class - it's good for the soul.

Deb

4 comments:

Dorothy said...

I've been to two of Sue's workshop and she is always lovely and shows so many ways with her embellishments. Love that word.

Jenny M said...

I went to Sue's class at Amitie when she was in Australia a few years ago. It was a great class and so wonderful to see Sue's quilts up close and to be able to buy some of Wendy's beautful dyed wool & threads.

Gloria said...

I sent an email to you last night, hoping you could help me get in touch with the maker of the Oak and Sumac pattern = Maree Blanchard. I am trying to track down the pattern. Will wait for your reply, just trying to cover all bases!!

Thanks,
Gloria
gyates625@bellsouth.net

Burun Estetigi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

A Ball of Pink Fluff

My New Year's Eve cast on used this gorgeous yarn from la Bien Aimee. The yarn is Merino Singles and Mohair Silk, both in the co...