Sunday, July 29, 2012

Anther One (or Three) Down

While trying to bed down my course for this semester, I still have only enough head space to potter and tinker with existing projects.  Strangely (for me) this is very satisfying. It even clears up some clutter which is sorely needed in my space.  So, first up, two blocks from my old version of the Antique Wedding Sampler.

 

Some of the fabric that I'm using seems so old now, the background is an old Robyn Pandolph rose tone on tone.  It is like sewing with vintage fabric, almost!

Some of the blocks were virtually finished which gives me a false sense of achievement.

Next, the fifth block from Lollipop Trees.


Talk about poles apart.  But I love them both. Not sure what that says about me.  I'm really enjoying both projects.  Hope you all are enjoying your projects too. 

Until next time,

Deb

PS. My comment answering is very haphazard at the moment due to waves of busyness.  But please know that I do read all your comments and appreciate your interest.

9 comments:

Nyla said...

Your blocks are turning out lovely, I especially like the antique wedding sampler blocks. I'm still working on my Sarah Morrell, slow but sure!

MONA said...

Love your blocks! I also love the "vintage" and "modern" quilt styles. Am working on the Lollipop pattern, with 9 blocks finished. Working on designing the sashing now. Keep stitching!

Cardygirl said...

Lovely projects as always!

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

Lovely to see your blocks Deb, your 'almost antique' blocks are gorgeous and of course your lollipops are delicious! xo

Margaret said...

Just beautiful! As long as you're still interested in the vintage fabrics (I remember Robyn Pandolph so that's a sign of how old!) that's all that matters. They look wonderful and so do the blocks!

Janet said...

The antique wedding sampler blocks are so pretty. Vintage fabrics :0)

Marie said...

Poles apart but both very lovely. I find myself with the same tendencies and I don't think it's a bad thing, I think it just speaks to how open you are to a variety of styles. If it is always the same it can get boring...

Karen said...

The red & green block is so pretty. Good fabric choices. Soft and pretty.

Anonymous said...

Hi Deb
I've come across pictures of blocks from Di Hall's Antique Wedding Sampler quilt a few times & love them. You mention here that Di has re-released the pattern. Can you, or anyone else tell me where I can buy the pattern as my searches find lots of references to it, but no clue as to where I could buy it.
Thanks
Jill

A Ball of Pink Fluff

My New Year's Eve cast on used this gorgeous yarn from la Bien Aimee. The yarn is Merino Singles and Mohair Silk, both in the co...