Monday, December 31, 2012

Farewell Frida!

I do love Frida Kahlo, and when I can get a good calendar of her art, I grab it. She has been adorning my wall all year, but sadly she is getting ready to leave us, as the minutes tick down to midnight.

 This year, 2012,  has been a year of highs and lows, and I can't say I'm sad to be waving it goodbye.

 

Not much to show you this evening I'm afraid.  I managed to finish the applique section of the last Imperial Blooms block.  Not quite finished this BOM, but I hope I will be a lot closer when the first installment of Bird Dance (Sue Spargo BOM 2013) arrives towards the end of January.



It looks rather plain here, but it has quite a bit of embellishment to come, never fear!

I have  a few things coming up to show you, but you will have to wait until 2013 starts to unfold.  In the meantime, I wish you all a very Happy New Year, filled with delight and achievements, surrounded by the ones you love.

Peace,
Deb

10 comments:

Cardygirl said...

Happy New Year Deb...may 2013 be kinder to us both!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Deb. Looking forward to a more peaceful 2013, thats for sure.
xx

Sue-Anne said...

Happy New Year! Looks like we are all wishing for a much quieter year in 2013 xxx

Margaret said...

Frieda Kahlo is so cool! Happy New Year to you!

Every Stitch said...

Happy New Year to you too - and thanks for all the posts :)
Every Stitch

Supergoof said...

Heel veel GELUK in 2013 from The Netherlands!!
:o)

Miriam said...

Happy New Year Deb!

MONA said...

Happy 2013, Deb! Best to you and keep up the wonderful quilting; love seeing your work!

susiloci said...

Tienes unos trabajos preciosos!!!!!!
Feliz Año!!!!!

K said...

Please post again soon. I am doing several of the same quilts as you are and your progress is an inspiration to me. 2012 was a crappy year for me so I'm hoping 2013 works out better.

A Ball of Pink Fluff

My New Year's Eve cast on used this gorgeous yarn from la Bien Aimee. The yarn is Merino Singles and Mohair Silk, both in the co...