Sunday, August 31, 2014

Rays of Sunshine

were very welcome this weekend in Melbourne.

 
 
The glorious weather inspired me to spend some quality time  in my rather uncared for garden.
 

More rays of sunshine too, but this time the kind that come from a job finished in a pleasing manner.


This is the first block of my quilt Jennie Cleland.  I am reproducing a version of it from a photo I found in an old magazine.  I'm very happy with the results so far.  It is a four block quilt so it will be some time before there will be much more to  show.

The next photo is of the beginnings of my Going Green Gradually which I started in a Marg Sampson George workshop at Lizzie's.

Mine won't be very green I think!


And last but not least, my Mountmellick, by Di Ford. I am using what I have in the cupboard for this one.  I have many of the original fabrics, but a few rogues are creeping in.


These circles remind me of the red, yellow and green traffic light lollies we used to have as kids.


A fun, productive weekend.  I hope yours was too.

Cheers

Deb

6 comments:

Flickenstichlerin said...

Wonderful projects, I've been looking at the Di Ford Mystery for quiet a while. Wonderful layout. Your Repro-Block is just amazing as well.
Greetings,
Sylvia

Margaret said...

Such a treat to see what you are working on! Everything is gorgeous!!

wish2stitch said...

You have some lovely projects on the go. Look forward to following your progress.

Jane in Cumbria said...

I love your first Jenny Cleland block! What a wonderful idea.

Karen said...

Ah, I found your Jennie Cleland block design. Beautiful! What size are the blocks?

Lis said...

I was cured of HIV with the use of natural herbs that I ordered through Dr Itua Herb store https://drituaherbalcenter.com/shop/. I love Traditional Medicine so much. Most times, injection and drugs are just a waste of time and money. I was cured 3weeks ago, i suffered from HIV for 5yrs but with the help of Dr. Itua herbal medicine, I was cured within three weeks of drinking the herbs he sent to me through courier delivery service. This same man also cured my Aunt from herpes, as soon as I heard she had herpes, I referred her to the doctor and she was cured after drinking his herbs.I have referred more than 18 persons and they were all cured from their various illnesses. Have you taken herbs before?. You have spent so much money on drugs,injections,surgeries etc and yet you have no good result to show for it. This man is a herbal doctor, I assure you of cure if you drink his natural herbs. He has herbs that cures Hiv, Herpes, diabetics, asthma, hepatitis, etc. Contact Dr. Itua on email: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com.

A Ball of Pink Fluff

My New Year's Eve cast on used this gorgeous yarn from la Bien Aimee. The yarn is Merino Singles and Mohair Silk, both in the co...