Monday, December 24, 2012

Merry Christmas, 2012


 

Merry Christmas everyone, I hope you all have a fabulous day tomorrow.  

Clearly, Santa hasn't been here to offload his stash yet........better leave out something special for when she he comes, don't you think?  I heard that Spanish Brandy is a real winner with our Santa here.

Over the years we have had rather haphazard Christmases; trying to fit in family, in-laws and out-laws has been a bit of a juggle.  But a couple of years ago, I decided we would be "in" for Christmas, and whoever could come would be most welcome, whoever could not, would not be written out of the will. It has worked a treat, and I love establishing our own tradition. And besides, it means I can have an extra glass (or two) of champagne without worrying about driving.

Whatever your family tradition, I hope you have a truly wonderful day.

Actually, I am feeling quite excited, since I have four weeks leave coming up now.  I actually can't remember when I had more than two(ish) weeks in a row, so this is some unfamiliar territory. I'm hoping to catch up on some well deserved R&R with a few day trips to visit friends, visit quilt shops out of town, and a week in Bali.  I also have my lovely boys 21st birthday to arrange, so lots to keep me busy.


So what have I been sewing?  Not much since I have been trying to et some overdue work out of the way, and then get sorted for Christmas.

But there has been the next Caswell block


and another George III circle block.


I hope for some more sewing time after the full Christmas day experience!

Jingle your bells,

Deb

4 comments:

Jess @ Scrappy n Happy said...

Your blocks look beautiful!

Miriam said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family Deb! :)

Enjoy your 4 weeks off.

Hope there is lots of time to stitch more of your beautiful blocks.

PatchworkRose said...

Love the Caswell block actually both blocks look great.
I hope you have a wonderful relaxing productive break.
Merry Christmas
Lynne

Margaret said...

Those blocks are gorgeous!! Wow! I like your newly established tradition -- sounds perfect to me! And yay for 4 weeks leave! Wow, 4 weeks! That's a long time! Enjoy! And have a wonderful Christmas!!

A Ball of Pink Fluff

My New Year's Eve cast on used this gorgeous yarn from la Bien Aimee. The yarn is Merino Singles and Mohair Silk, both in the co...