Thursday, October 13, 2011

Imperial Blooms Update


A beautiful afternoon in Melbourne is much appreciated after some rather chilly days this week. Can't wait for some more warm weather. Just dropping by quickly today to show you some progress in this BOM.

I almost finished Block 2 awhile back, but ran out of threads for the bullion knots, so had to wait for some more to arrive. It's all done now!


I love the stitching on the stem and around the centre.



I have been working on this project quite a bit over the last couple of weeks. I thought I should get a reasonable amount finished before the 2012 Blocks started to arrive!

Here are the ingredients of the last Block


I wonder what the border will be like?

I hope you are having a beautiful day also.

Cheers

Deb



11 comments:

Margaret said...

OMG! So beautiful! I'm so tempted to sign up for the 2012 BOM. I'm still kicking myself for not doing so for the 2011 one. Sigh.....

Dorothy said...

It is looking wonderful. The embellishing makes them look great.

grandma peden's porch said...

Love sue spargo!!! She does a workshop in the states in Ohio and my girls and I plan it every year 3 days of stitchin and workin with sue and 3 other designers is so much fun. Your block looks amazing.

Liz said...

I signed up for 2012, just couldn't resist. Sue from Charlotte's Cottage is doing it to...
Loving that block Deb...
Lizzie
xxx

antique quilter said...

I agree with Dorothy the embellishments on her blocks is what makes them. I love all the different threads and colors, beautiful block.
Good plan at least if you have 1/2 of this years blocks done before 2012 starts arriving you will be in great shape
we just had a few straight days of sunshine it was beautiful days but the rain is back today sad to say.
Kathie

antique quilter said...

I agree with Dorothy the embellishments on her blocks is what makes them. I love all the different threads and colors, beautiful block.
Good plan at least if you have 1/2 of this years blocks done before 2012 starts arriving you will be in great shape
we just had a few straight days of sunshine it was beautiful days but the rain is back today sad to say.
Kathie

Janet said...

Wow, that is so gorgeous Deb! It makes me want to do it too. I don't know where the warm spring weather has gone here but it's slow to arrive.

Miriam said...

Beautiful work Deb. I love the embroidery.

Yes, the weather here today was lovely! Looking forward to even warmer days next week. :)

Cardygirl said...

Just beautiful Deb!

Heather said...

After a workshop with Sue in June and seeing this 20011 BOM I signed up for the 2012 BOM. I can't wait and hope it will turn out as lovely as your blocks.

Carrie P. said...

I have been looking through your posts and have enjoyed seeing all your flowers. Just beautiful.

A Ball of Pink Fluff

My New Year's Eve cast on used this gorgeous yarn from la Bien Aimee. The yarn is Merino Singles and Mohair Silk, both in the co...