Saturday, November 10, 2012

It's like a Quilting Ark!

Lucky my name isn't Noah, since the blocks are going in two by two!

I have been trying to get two blocks a week finished from my various current projects.  I'm much better with deadlines than without!  This week Block 8 from Imperial Blooms was finished and is now ready to be decorated. 


 And the second King George Circle block is done, boy are some of those pieces tiny.


Who knows what will turn up next week!  It is exam marking time, and then I have a short trip to Adelaide, so it may very well be nothing.

In the meantime, all my blogging friends from areas hit by the hurricane, have started to reappear in blogland. So glad that they are all safe although some still have no power.  I can't imagine how tough it has been.

See you next time,

Deb




6 comments:

Margaret said...

Both projects are just gorgeous! I always love to see what you're working on. Hope the trip to Adelaide is fun.

Bev said...

Your work is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing!

Cheery wave!

Bev

Every Stitch said...

lovely work! the fabrics in your King George are great - nice mix of geometric and floral with a vintage look, and some fussy cutting too. I can just see those pieces - very small indeed. Did you English paper piece the middle (covering papers)? - I think that's how I would have done it.
Thanks for the post :)
Every Stitch

Missie of Traditional Primitives said...

Love your pictures! Can you tell me where you found the pattern for the King George, or who designed it so I can find it? I am having trouble finding a pattern online. Thanks so much!

Sue-Anne said...

94Sue Spargo looks great as does King George - I can't wait to see that one finished!

Military Challenge Coins said...

It is really awesome post you have great talent.

A Ball of Pink Fluff

My New Year's Eve cast on used this gorgeous yarn from la Bien Aimee. The yarn is Merino Singles and Mohair Silk, both in the co...